From last 5-6 months I have been using TBS rain forest shampoo and hair butter and my hair is loving it !!!
In this post I will be reviewing 2 products from this range
1. Rainforest Moisture Shampoo – For dry and damaged hair
Gently cleanses to help restore moisture and improve the hair’s softness without weighing it down, for a smooth and shiny finish.
- No silicones, no Sulphates, no Parabens and no Colourants
2. Rainforest Radiance Shampoo – For coloured hair
Gently cleanses to remove dulling residues for prolonged colour radiance.
• Moisturizes and protects shine.
• Contains UV filter. With pracaxi oil, bilberry extract, linseed oil and Community Trade sugar.
• No Silicones, no Sulphates, no Parabens and no Colourants
Story behind my purchase
As a result of my trip to J&K earlier this year my waist length hair had become quite dry and frizzy so to counter the damage done.I chopped of my tresses and was on lookout for a natural sans chemical shampoo . After a little research I found 2 SLS free shampoo one was the Schwarzkopf Bonacure and other was from TBS rain forest range. I got the latter (Rainforest Moisture Shampoo) and it took like close to three washes to get accustomed.
The first time , I over used it , thinking it will lather less which in turned made my hair more dry. With subsequent washes I mastered the quantity required to clean the scalp without over drying and also followed my hair wash with Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter
The end result was naturally soft manageable hair
Jump to November
To break the monotony I got my hair colored , So this time I got Rainforest Radiance Shampoo for colored hair.Its mild on hair & cleanses my scalp gently yet effectively but for colored hair following up with conditioner and hair butter is MUST otherwise my hair end up looking like a bunch of hay.
Review: Rainforest Radiance Shampoo & Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
1. Packaging : Rainforest Radiance Shampoo & Rainforest Moisture Shampoo, come in tall Brown plastic bottle with transparent flip-top cap
2. Consistency and fragrance : Both shampoo are colorless and runny consistency & have got mild vanilla honey kind scent to them which I absolutely adore. The scent lingers on for sometime, after the wash and then it disappears.
3.Impact on hair: My hair health has improved considerably after using them continuously. My hair is soft and manageable & also I didn’t experience any anomalous hair fall , which is common phenomenon because of using natural shampoo .They are mild & effective in cleansing the scalp without ripping of natural moisture from the hair .
but I cant comment on hair color protection part of Rainforest Radiance Shampoo as every time I wash I see color getting washed.
Personally , I prefer moisture shampoo over radiance shampoo.
1. Natural ingredients like pracaxi oil, bilberry extract and linseed oil –rainforest radiance shampoo
pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil and Community Trade honey- rainforest moisture shampoo
2.No Silicones, No Sulphates, No Colourants,No Parabens
2.Clean scalp well & not over drying
5.uv filter in rainforest radiance shampoo
1.Expensive INR 695 for just 250 ml but then its worth it
2. Requires frequent hair wash as hair become greasy after couple of days
3.It does nothing for the dandruff